At LocaL Home Spot.com we are committed to operating our business in a way that fosters responsible urban environmentalism and sustainability. LocalHomeSpot.com offers a "paper free" form of advertising for "local" businesses in the Campbell River area. We also try to leave as small a footprint as possible in the way we do business and live our lives.
To achieve this we:
- Recycle, re-use, re-charge.
- Practise eco-driving;
- Reduce trips by combining stops and driving the shortest route.
- Drive cars with small engines; keep tires inflated to ideal poundage.
- Practise "Surge and Coast".
- Car pool when applicable.
- Buy local, support local.
- Campbell River first option.
- Canadian second option.
- North American third option.
- Use the phone and Internet as much as possible to reduce paper usage.
- Practise water conservation techniques in home office and garden.
- Reduce our electricity output in the winter by keeping the heat down – put on a sweater.
- Garden organically.
- Absolutely no chemicals.
- Natural composting using kitchen / lunch room scraps, sawdust, leaves, seaweed.
- Promote solar and wind.
- Promote " Real Green Initiative Proclamation Program."